305/30R26 in inches is a tire size that indicates the tire’s width, aspect ratio, construction type, and wheel diameter.
- Diameter of the tire: 33.2
- Tire width: 12
- Sidewall height: 3.6
- Diameter of the wheel: 26
Let’s break down the numbers to understand the meaning of 305/30R26 in inches.
- 305: It is the tire’s width in millimeters. In inches, it is approximately 12 inches.
- 30: It is the aspect ratio or the tire’s sidewall height as a percentage of the tire’s width. In this case, it is 30% of 305mm or 91.5mm in height. In inches, it is approximately 3.6 inches.
- R: It stands for radial construction, the most common tire construction type.
- 26: It is the diameter of the wheel in inches.
So, 305/30R26 inches means that the tire’s width is 12 inches, the sidewall height is 3.6 inches, and it is designed to fit on a 26-inch wheel.
|Tire Height (Diameter)||33.2 in||843 mm|
|Wheel Size||26 in||660 mm|
|Sidewall Height||3.6 in||92 mm|
|Tire Width||12 in||305 mm|
|Tire Circumference||104.3 in||2,650 mm|
|Revolutions per Mile||607.4|
|Revolutions per Kilometer||377.4|
What Are The Features Of 305/30r26 Tires?
305/30R26 tires are high-performance tires designed for luxury cars, sports cars, and SUVs. Some of the features of these tires are:
- Tread Design: 305/30R26 tires have a unique tread pattern, providing excellent traction on dry and wet roads. The tread blocks are designed to increase the tire’s contact with the road, improving handling and braking performance.
- High-Speed Rating: These tires have a high-speed rating of W, which means they can withstand speeds up to 168 mph.
- Rim Protector: 305/30R26 tires have a rim protector that prevents damage to the wheel’s rim in case of curbing.
- Low Profile: The low profile of these tires enhances the vehicle’s appearance by giving it a sleek and aggressive look.
What Are The Advantages Of 305/30r26 Tires?
305/30R26 tires offer several advantages, making them popular among luxury car owners and enthusiasts. Some of the advantages are:
- Improved Handling: The wider contact patch and unique tread design of 305/30R26 tires provide excellent handling and stability at high speeds.
- Enhanced Braking Performance: These tires offer superior braking performance thanks to their unique tread design and high-quality rubber compound.
- Increased Traction: These tires’ wider contact patch and unique tread design provide excellent traction on dry and wet roads.
- Stylish Appearance: The low profile of 305/30R26 tires enhances the vehicle’s appearance by giving it a sleek and aggressive look.
What Are The Disadvantages Of 305/30r26 Tires?
305/30R26 tires have a few disadvantages that car owners should consider before purchasing. Some of the disadvantages are:
Rough Ride: The low profile of these tires can make the ride feel rough and uncomfortable, especially on uneven roads.
Poor Ride Quality: The low profile of these tires can make the ride quality poor, as they need to absorb bumps and shocks, as well as higher-profile tires.
Expensive: 305/30R26 tires are expensive compared to other tire sizes, making them a less affordable option for car owners on a budget.
Limited Availability: 305/30R26 tires are less widely available than other tire sizes, so finding the right tires for your vehicle may be challenging.
Reduced Fuel Efficiency: Low-profile tires like 305/30R26 can reduce fuel efficiency, as they increase rolling resistance, which requires more energy to move the vehicle.
What Vehicles Are Compatible With 305/30r26 Tires?
305/30R26 tires are compatible with a wide range of luxury cars, sports cars, and SUVs. However, it is essential to check your vehicle’s owner’s manual or consult a tire specialist to ensure these tires are compatible.
Are 305/30r26 Tires Suitable For All Weather Conditions?
305/30R26 tires are designed to provide excellent traction on both dry and wet roads. However, they may not be suitable for snowy or icy conditions, as they are not designed for winter driving.
What Is The Maximum Speed Rating For 305/30r26 Tires?
305/30R26 tires have a maximum speed rating of W, which means they can withstand speeds up to 168 mph.
How Long Do 305/30r26 Tires Last?
The lifespan of 305/30R26 tires depends on several factors, such as driving style, road conditions, and maintenance. However, these tires can last between 25,000 to 30,000 miles on average.
Can I Replace My Car’s Original Tires With 305/30r26 Tires?
It is essential to consult with a tire specialist before replacing your car’s original tires with 305/30R26 tires. The specialist can assess your vehicle’s compatibility and recommend the best tire size.
How Do I Maintain My 305/30r26 Tires?
To maximize the lifespan of your 305/30R26 tires, it is essential to keep them properly inflated, rotate them regularly, and ensure that they are aligned correctly. Inspecting them regularly for signs of wear and damage is also crucial.
How Much Do 305/30r26 Tires Cost?
305/30R26 tires are more expensive than other tire sizes due to their unique features and limited availability. Depending on the brand and model, these tires can range from $500 to $1000 per tire.