A Jeep Wrangler is an additional motor vehicle that helps you drive your 4WD in an off-road and all-terrain off-roads. So it is essential to engage a Jeep Wrangler in your 4WD. Knowing how to put a Jeep Wrangler in 4 wheel drive will help you do this DIY job.
Are you worried about where you can collect the information? Don’t worry, mate. We are here to help you and satisfy your inquiry in this article. We provide you with simple and easy step-by-step instructions to perform it. Here’s the deal
How to Put a Jeep Wrangler in 4 Wheel Drive?
Putting a Jeep Wrangler in 4 wheel drive is a short and simple task, but it offers you too much flexibility to your journey. But only for lack of enough information you may have to face so many difficulties in your driving.
The 4 WD Gear Options You Have to Use:
There are 3 types of gear options you can use in your 4 wheel drive. You can change your gear according to the demand of the roads. If you can change the gear perfectly, you will have a safe and sound journey with your 4WD. Let’s know the 3 gears
- 2hi or 2h: Simply, it is known as two-wheel drive. When you are driving dry and normal road, you should use this gear option. It needs mostly half power, and the driving experts suggest this for your everyday driving. You have to change your gear when the wheels are turning from normal to slippery.
- 4hi or 4h: Simply, it is known as four-wheel drive. You have to use this gear when driving on sand, rain, too muddy road, and snow. It provides better traction and ensures higher stability to your 4WD.
- 4Lo or 4L : When your driving requires a maximum traction level for your 4WD, this gear option is the best choice for you. It is recommended for the regular and highway driving. You can use 4Lo or 4L gear for more than 15 mph. If you face any ice, snow, mud, or too many slippery roads, you must change your gear in this 4 Lo or 4L. The ultimate result of this gear option is high torque within low speed.
Hopefully, now you are very much familiar with the different options of the gear. Moreover, you will be confident to use these gear when you need them.
How to Turn Into Those Gears on Your Jeep Wrangler?
Whatever you are an amateur or an expert in driving, you must be careful about switching the gear. As it is related to your life safety. Here is the step by step guideline of switching the gears.
Step 1: Identify the need
Do you need to change the gear to drive the vehicle or not? This is the essential point to change the gear. To determine this need, you should check out the road conditions. If you think the road demands gear change, then switch. For example, If you pass an excellent concrete highway and enter into a muddy, wet, or cracks road, you must change the gear for a sound driver.
Step 2: Stop the 4WD
After identification, if you have to change the gear, then stop the vehicle. Without stopping it, don’t try to change the vehicle’s gear. If you try to do it, then it may cause any damage of yourself or your 4WD.
After stopping the vehicle, engage the gear in a (N) neutral position. Place your foot on the pedal when you turn the gear from 4L to 4H or 4H to 4L. After that, press the selector of the vehicle and fix it, at which point you need it. When you have done the tusk, shift the selector to the ultimate drive direction. Now move forward with your car.
Note: it is essential to use Jeep Wrangler in your 4WD to get the highest traction. While you are performing, you must slow down the speed and keep it within 2-3 mph.
Some Crucial Hacks You Must Follow:
Hacks are beneficial to make your life easier and hassle-free. Here, you have found some life hacks to use the gearing options in your journey.
- In the slippery, harsh, and muddy road, always use the 4H gear to save driving.
- Without checking the road condition, don’t use the 4H gear. If you have a chance to use it, then use it. Otherwise, you should avoid it.
- When you need to go from 2H to 4L then go to 4H, then go to neutral and after that go to 4L. It is the safest way to turn your speed from 2H to 4L.
- If you drive your 4WD and use the 4L gear, you have to maintain a fewer than a 25mph speed ratio. Avoid more than this speed; it may cause any unwanted accident.
- If you are following the 4H gear, try to keep your driving speed 45-50 mph. Most driving experts suggest this speed for the wet, muddy, slippery, and rocky roads.
- If you are going on dry roads, don’t use 4H or 4L gear because these roads are hazardous for using this gear option. When you use any one of the two gears, it will make any hamper of your drive by creating heat.
- If you think you have to release the 4WD. First, slow down the speed of your vehicle. Second, turn the gear into a neutral position. Third, turn the gear into 4H gear. You have to do the vise versa to go from 4H to 4L. Please put it back in gear and then move from 4H to 4L.
- Last but seriously not least, before using anyone gear of your 4WD, please go through the manual very carefully. Whichever vehicle you use, you had found a user manual while purchasing the vehicle. Without any second thought, you have to abide by all these rules to ensure your safe ride.
What Are The Benefits of Using 4 Wheel Drive?
There are a lot of benefits you have got after putting a Jeep Wrangler in your 4WD. Some of the benefits are
- Time utilization
Since time is the most precious thing in this world, so everybody wants to save it. When you put the Jeep Wrangler, you can make proper utilization of your time.
- Safe and smooth driving
Imagine you are going out for an adventurous trip and somehow getting a rough and harsh road where you have to drive. In this situation, if you have an attached Wrangler with your 4WD, you can quickly move your vehicle all this terrain, off roads, and trails. It’s work like a Superman and ensures your safe and smooth drive.
- Better traction
What can make an adventure enthusiast happier than a successful adventurous trip? We think nothing. So to get a brilliant performance and better traction in an uneven and slippery road, it is a must to use Jeep Wrangler. It ensures your safe journey on all kinds of roads like beaches, snow, rocks, and other dangerous sights.
- Reaching highest pick
If you plan to go on a trip and want to reach the highest pick where fall snow, that makes the road slippery. You must need a Jeep Wrangler with your 4 WD for this kind of trip. It ensures your safety! Not only that, it helps to drive better in any bad weather conditions.
- Driving Control
When you are putting a Jeep Wrangler in your four-wheel drive, it enhances your confidence about better driving control.
Only a Jeep Wrangler can provide you those benefits after engagement with the 4 wheel drive. So why not it will be the best choice for you.
As time passes, you are going to more physically inactive. Before, you had to do many works physically, but new technology makes all works more straightforward. This is why you can do them with the help of the internet and computer and your life become monotonous.
So an adventurous outgoing can remove all those monotonies of your life. a Jeep Wrangler can be your best friend for your upcoming 4 wheel drive. We hope the information on how to put a Jeep Wrangler in 4 wheel drive will boost up your driving confidence.
So, if you don’t put a Jeep Wrangler in your 4WD, then this is the high time to put it. To do it yourself, read the steps once again follow them accordingly.
Wish you a safe and sound journey!