Rolling on your jeep wrangler and not worried about the battery? It can’t be true! Today, we will give you a brief of the best battery for the jeep wrangler.
If you are looking for a battery to help your off-roading capabilities, a better riding experience, and more power over the road, our today’s pick will help you. Are you someone who prefers battery life and performance both at a time? Well, we got your back with a few of our choices.
On top of that, we have also figured out the best batteries that can help you with cranking amps, reservation function, and deep-cycling ability. Overall, all our products are unique in different ways. If you are looking for versatility over anything and if you want to meet your specification even from your wrangler battery, we are going to save your back today.
Ahead, you will get the best products with our detailed reviews, and a brief idea of what to look for while buying the best battery for the jeep wrangler. Let’s move forward together.
Here are the key specifications for you to have a glance at. Hopefully, these will help you to pick in a better way.
|Product Name||Voltage||Item Weight||Warranty|
|ODYSSEY Batteries 34R-PC1500-A Group 34 Automotive/Light Truck Battery||12 Volts||51.5 Pounds||Limited 3 and 4-year full replacement warranty|
|NORTHSTAR Pure Lead Automotive Group 94R (L4) Battery NSB-AGM94R||12 Volts||57 Pounds||4 years full warranty.|
|Optima Batteries OPT8002-002 34 RedTop Starting Battery||12 Volts||37.9 Pounds||Not specified|
|Optima Batteries 8014-045 D34/78 YellowTop Dual Purpose Battery||12 Volts||43.5 Pounds||Not specified|
|ACDelco 48AGM Professional AGM Automotive BCI Group 48 Battery||12 Volts||45.5 Pounds||36-month free-replacement warranty|
|Odyssey 34-PC1500T Automotive and LTV Battery||12 Volts||49.5 Pounds||Limited 3 and 4-year full replacement warranty – not pro rata|
|DieHard 38232 Advanced Gold AGM Battery – Group 34||12 Volts||44.5 Pounds||Not specified|
|ACDelco 34AGM Professional AGM Automotive BCI Group 34 Battery||12 volts||38.7 Pounds||3-year free replacement|
Battery for Jeep Wrangler
Now it’s time to hop on the details reviews. We have focused on battery performance, durability, vibration handling, and quality while choosing the batteries. Read on and you can understand which one you should choose.
1. ODYSSEY Batteries 34R-PC1500
- More durability for your best experience
- Limited 3 and 4-year full replacement warranty to back you up if you face any inconvenience
- Easy mounting anywhere
- Less vibration so you won’t feel shaky while riding
|Vehicle Service Type||Van|
The service life is essential when you want to ride your wrangler without any second worry. Who will like that if your battery dies after the shortest period and if you have to change it again and again? So you will be free from that hassle if you get this one. Even if any inconvenience arises, the warranty will work as your instant backup.
We all know that the mounting of a battery is enough to irritate you. As the mooting flexibility is ensured in this battery, you can install it in no time! Surely it will reduce your pain multiple times. Also, the fact that it’s durable makes the news sweeter to hear.
Will you like it if the battery causes your jeep to move like a roller coaster? It might make you laugh but it’s not unusual. Many batteries make that shaky movement that irritates the rider. But if you get this battery, the vibration will be handled profoundly. So no more shakiness once you rely on it!
- Enough durability
- Excellent performance
- Reduces vibration
- Easy mounting facility
- Not specified
2. 94R (L4) Battery NSB-AGM94R
- 12 Volts voltage for incredible power over road
- 158 min reserve capacity for better on and off-road handling
- 76Ah @ 20 Hour extended capacity
- 4 years full warranty for hassle-free rides
|Vehicle Service Type||Van|
Admit it or not, delayed cranking is annoying. Who likes to wait minutes after minutes to let the engine start? We feel like kicking our jeep if it delays starting. But the good news for you, the superior cranking of this battery will start your jeep’s engine within no time. No more delays for your engine to start while you are rushing!
Another great specialty of this battery is its fast charging. You won’t have to wait for hours after hours to let it recharge. It can charge itself within the shortest possible time. So no more long intervals are waiting for you like a nightmare.
AGM Technology is a new technology that helps the battery to serve you a better performance. You will receive an exceptional CCA rating along with reserve capacity cycling because of this technology. It vividly changes the performance and riding experience.
- Better technology
- Extended performance capability
- Better battery life
- Less charging time
- Average durability
3. Optima Batteries OPT8002-002 34
- Extended 100 minutes reserve capacity ensures constant usage
- The compatibility will every kind of weather, whether heat or winter!
- Vibration resistance ensures better handling and durability
- Manufactured with spiral winding continuous lead plates for more precise usability
|Cold Cranking Amps||800|
|C20 Capacity||50 Ah|
|Vehicle Service Type||Van|
Would you like it if your jeep battery can’t save you with constant usage? The only specification that acts like a hero behind the constant usability is the extended reserve capacity. From this battery, you will receive 100 minutes of reserve capacity. So you can easily understand how convenient the service you will get from it.
We know the feeling when your jeep battery acts weird in different weather and temperatures. Isn’t it annoying? But hold on because this battery can adjust to any kind of temperature and weather. That means no matter if it’s too hot or too cold, you won’t have to halt for the ride anymore!
We loved the way this battery eliminated all the vibration. If you are quite aware of the risk factors of battery damage, you may know that vibration during a ride does the most of the damage. If your battery can resist the vibration, it’s obvious that this feature will increase its lifespan. And that’s what this battery does. Yeah, you heard it right! This battery eliminates the highest vibrations and keeps the durability packed for an extended period.
- Eliminates vibration
- Extended durability
- Good in quality
- Compatible with any kind of weather
- Less effective warranty
4. Optima Batteries 8014-045 D34/78
- 750 Cold Cranking Amps help in quick battery depletion
- A reserve capacity of 120 minutes allows steady execution
- Ensures the vibration-resistant Fifteen times more profoundly
- 55 Ampere hour C20 Capacity allows extended energy storage
|Reserve capacity||120 minutes|
|Vehicle Service Type||Van|
Do you know that your battery quality increases the performance of your every ride? With our several years of experience, we found that this battery is manufactured in a way that the damage will be very delayed. You can expect a better lifespan from this battery. Also, this battery has Deep-cycle and cranking power to ensure a quick start in cold weather.
Compatibility in different temperatures is needed for an extra-smooth riding experience. But most of the time, the batteries don’t give you this adaptability of temperature. You will get adaptability from this battery because of the cranking power which will work as a savior. Another interesting specialty of this battery is it ensures spill-proof packaging. So no more scaring off for unwanted spilling.
The 300+ discharge/recharge cycles add up to the performance. Also, the fast recharging will impress you as well. All the specifications that it comes with will help your flexible rides in a great way. As the price range is also in the reasonable category, everything will be just perfect if you get this one as the best battery for jeep wrangler.
- Requires less maintenance
- Quick recharge
- Reasonable price
- Good temperature adaptability
- Bad customer support
5. ACDelco 48AGM Professional AGM
- High-density negative paste ensures more power over the road
- The increased cycle life for extended on-road performance
- Improved acid circulation for easy cooling anytime
- The upgraded manufacturing expands the battery life
|Battery Cell Composition||Silver-Calcium|
|Vehicle Service Type||Van|
The high cycling capabilities handle quick recharge. You won’t have to wait for hours after hours to recharge the battery. Also, this battery is highly charge-receptive. As a result, within no time, you can install this, recharge this and go with the flow. On top of that, it has maintained pressure on the plates for the perfect balance in mass.
The manufacturing of this battery has been done in a way that it is 100% leak and spill-proof. So even when you are riding, the inner oils and substances of the battery won’t spill out. You will be safe from creating a mess in your car. On top of that, this battery requires the least maintenance. So if you are a lazy person like us, it will be a blessing for you.
Oxygen recombination is a modern technology that helps reduce water loss and increases better performance. As this battery has this technology included, you won’t have to change the water after every few days. One water change can last for an extended period and ensure the least maintenance for you.
- Perfect balancing manufacturer
- Easy to install
- Modern technology included
- Less maintenance requirement
- May show trouble in holding charge
6. Odyssey 34-PC1500T Automotive and LTV Battery
- You can use this for both regular and emergency uses.
- The batteries aren’t made of lead alloy like regular batteries, they are made of pure virgin lead
- They offer more plate surface area and more powerful performance than regular batteries
- The lifespan of these batteries is three times the lifespan of regular ones
|Temperature tolerant level||-40 degrees Celsius (-40 degrees Fahrenheit) to 45 degrees Celsius (113 degrees Fahrenheit).|
|Reserve Capacity minutes||135|
Nowadays we have become amazed by seeing the super-capable batteries which were beyond our imagination a few years ago. The Odyssey battery is one of them and it is best with all its specifications and features. The stunning starting power which this battery gives is very impressive. If your vehicle demands rapid recovery and better deep cycling capability then you must go with this battery.
The Odyssey battery is capable of dealing with all the demands of modern vehicles. You will be surprised to know that the battery is made of pure virgin lead which is far better than regular ones. They will provide you with more surface and more power for sure. Once you get this you will get a long service of 3 to 10 years. So the durability speaks for its quality, of course!
The overall performance of this battery is twice better and the lifespan of the battery is three times longer than the regular ones. The design of this battery is capable of protecting you from high-impact shock and mechanical vibration. It will be fully charged in a very short period of 3 to 4 hours. No more delays in your emergency use at all.
- Constructed with a non-spillable design
- Suitable for regular uses as well as emergency uses
- Pocket friendly
- Isn’t compatible with different vehicles
Things to Consider When a Buying Battery For Jeep Wrangler
The battery is the powerhouse of your Jeep Wrangler. So it’s better that you choose the battery with proper concern. You must look for some specifications and features while buying the battery. Here’s a proper guide for you that will lead you to the perfect battery for your jeep wrangler.
- Quality & Brand- The battery of your Jeep wrangler should come with good quality and from a good brand. If you can’t get it with these features then avoid having that one. Look for another battery with good quality and brand.
- Materials- This is the most important thing you should look for while buying a battery for your jeep wrangler. If the materials of the battery are not good enough then the jeep wrangler won’t be able to provide you with proper service. So check the materials of the battery with great concern.
- Durability- The second most important thing is Durability. You must pay great attention to durability. We can ensure proper durability by checking the materials. But still, you have to check the warranty card. You should do this because no one wants to waste his money or time on the same item several times.
- Compatibility- The battery must be well-compatible with your vehicle. Otherwise, all the specifications of the battery will be useless.
- Significant features- The battery you are choosing must come with all the important features including plenty of cranking amps, reserve capacity, and deep-cycling capability. Without these features, the battery won’t be able to fulfill your needs.
- Reserve capacity- The reserve capacity of the battery should be good enough to provide you with good performance. The charge capacity of the battery is also included here. So consider this feature as your top concern.
- Performance- Look for a heavy-duty performance battery so that you can get reliable performance from the battery of your jeep wrangler. Good performance will make your experience with your vehicle better.
- Serving Capacity- Make sure that the battery you are choosing doesn’t become out of charge in a few hours. Buy a battery for your jeep wrangler which is capable of serving you for longer periods. Moreover, you won’t be bothered by charging your phone again and again with this feature.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
While you are going to buy a battery for your jeep wrangler, you carry a lot of questions with you. Most often you can’t find a proper answer. So here are the frequently asked questions and the answers about the Best Battery For Jeep Wrangler.
How long do Jeep Wrangler batteries last?
Around 3 to 5 years. But many things should be considered while thinking about the duration. Because that depends on the driving habits, the type of battery, the weather, roads, and much more.
How much does a Jeep Wrangler battery cost?
That will cost $193 to $202 on average. Labor costs are situated between $34 to $43. But depending on your location the costs are not the same everywhere. So the price of the battery depends on your location as well.
How do you know if your car needs a new battery?
Some symptoms will tell you that it’s time for a battery replacement. Such as engine cranking, issues in starting, cracking, leaking, swollen, and so on. Whenever you see your car showing these inappropriate symptoms, you should instantly get a new battery.
What are the signs of a bad battery?
There are many signs which will ensure that you are stuck with a bad battery. Your vehicle will show problems starting during cold mornings, there will be no sound and no light while starting, it will seem like a falling battery. These signs will tell that your battery isn’t good enough for your vehicle.
How long do batteries last in storage?
Unused batteries remain good for 5 to 20 years in their packaging. But you have to look at the manufacturer’s details for storing the batteries. But no matter how complicated the battery is on average the battery will last for at least four years.
How to change the battery of the jeep wrangler?
You can check this video for battery replacement:
If you want our personal suggestion, ODYSSEY Batteries 34R-PC1500-A Group 34 Automotive/Light Truck Battery will be the best one considering everything that you need. Yet, you can choose from other options as well. Good luck on your best journey.